Even though SBC Global was an acquisition of AT&T, users are still able to connect to email using Microsoft Outlook. It allows users to configure their favorite email client to retrieve emails. According to our Outlook support team, you can set up a SBC Global Email in Outlook in a matter of few minutes, provided you make some simple changes in the Outlook settings. Let’s see how:
Setting Up SBC Global Email
- Start out the process by clicking on the “Tools” menu located in the main toolbar in Outlook. After that, you need to click on “Account Settings.” This will open up a new window that displays the current accounts in Outlook.
- Now, you need to click the “New” button on the account lists section. Choose “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP” in the selection menu. Another window for configuring the account settings will be opened by the Outlook configuration manager.
- Next up, put a check sign in the box next to “Manual configure server settings or additional server types” and hit the “Next” button. Click on the option named “Internet E-mail” for the protocol for which you retrieve email. Proceed to the next step by hitting the “Next” button.
- Once you are done with that, type in the text “pop.att.yahoo.com” in the text box labeled as “Incoming Server.” Enter the text “smtp.att.yahoo.com” in the “Outgoing Server” text box. After that, you need to type in your name in the textbook named “Name.”This is the name displayed to the recipient. Type in your username and password for your SBC
Global account and hit the “Next” button.
- Following which you need to enter the email address and password for the SBC Global account and press the “Next” button.
- Then, you need to click on the tab labeled “Advanced.” In the text box labeled as the incoming server port, you need to type in 995. Now, enter 465 into the textbox labeled outgoing SMTP server point. Choose “SSL” as the encryption type and press the “Next” button.
- Finally, end the process by clicking the “Test” button in order to make sure that connectivity to the server is configured correctly. When you are done with making changes in Outlook settings, you need to hit the “Finish” button for closing the configuration window.
So, that was some information about setting up an SBC Global Email in your Outlook program. Hope that you found the above post informative. Ciao!