Microsoft has brought in many changes to the Outlook email client over the years. Earlier, the Exchange email messages were only accessible through the Outlook program. However, now you can access them on any computer using the Outlook Web Access feature. This feature is extremely useful for people on the move, who are required to check their emails from any available computer.
Outlook Web Access requires you to type in your email id and password in the log-in screen. If you select the option to save your password, available in the log-in screen as well, Outlook web program will remember the password. This is a useful feature when you know you are the sole user of the PC and will enable you to log in faster.
If the program does not save your password, you will need to troubleshoot the issue by making changes to the Windows Registry values in your computer. More specifically, you are required to remove Protected Storage System Provider subkeys to enable the ability to save passwords. You can either make the following changes yourself, or contact the Outlook tech support desk.
- Click on the Start menu icon located in the left corner of your screen. From inside the menu, click on the Run option. Alternatively, you can press the Windows+R shortcut to open the Run window.
- In the text box inside the Run window, type in Regedit and then press the Enter key.
- From the different available tabs inside the Registry editor, select HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then click to highlight the software folder.
- Click on Microsoft folder and then right-click on Protected Storage System Provider. Among the list of actions available, click on the Export button.
- Type in a new name for the Registry key you want to create and then save the file in the location you are currently in.
- Once again, right-click the Protected Storage System Provider option and then click on the option Permissions. Click on your username and ensure that the Full Control field is selected to Allow.
- Click on the Advanced button and then select the Permissions tab. Click to enable the option Replace Permission Entries on all Child Objects with Entries Shown Here that Apply to Child Objects to highlight it.
- Click on Apply button and tap OK twice to save your changes.
- Restart your computer once you have made these changes.
Once you have made these changes, you will note that the passwords are automatically saved and do not require you to enter every time you need to log in. Contact the Outlook tech support desk if you require further assistance.