Microsoft Outlook is a useful organizing tool for your webmail. But being an application program, it can sometimes have the installation corrupted, so you stop receiving Microsoft Outlook 2010 support for some of the features you really need to do your work. One way to get around this is to repair the existing installation using the same source you used for the first setup – installation CD or executable package.
If that does not work, uninstall the Office suite and then install it once again. Here is how.
- Put the CD in the optical drive and wait for Autoplay to bring up the install option. If this does not show, navigate to the installation folder from My Computer and open the exe file.
- You will be asked to provide the 25-digit key at the first screen. Type or paste this in, and wait while the installer validates the code. When you see the green tick mark after the field, hit Next or Continue.
- The next screen requires you to accept the Software License Agreement before proceeding. So that and hit Next once more.
- If you want to install just Outlook and not the other components in the Office Suite, Choose the Customize when you see it. This will show a number of tabs on the next screen.
- Move to the Installation Options tab, and choose Installed on First Use from the dropdown beside Microsoft Office. Do the same for Microsoft Outlook, and hit Continue.
- Click on Install Now and wait for the installation to complete. Afterwards, choose either Close or Continue Online.
You will not need the CD anymore, so take that out if you want to. The next time you check the desktop you should see a shortcut to Outlook there.
If there is not, hit Start and then All Programs. Find Outlook here and right click on it. Choose the Create a shortcut (Desktop) option, or use the Send to option to get a shortcut over to the desktop.
The Microsoft Outlook 2010 support for easy email setup features an Add New Account wizard, which will pop up at first launch. This is where you give the details about the webmail account you will be accessing through the application. Give the correct details where asked for, and choose the Remember Password option if you do not want to enter the password when Outlook starts each time.